FHA Loans have been there for buyers since 1934. Today in San Diego, they’re as popular as ever because they continue to keep up with the times.
FHA insured loans are making home ownership affordable and obtainable and be the key to getting many people the home of their dreams.
FHA Loans in San Diego
Standout FHA Loan Features Include:
- No borrower income limit
- More credit score flexibility
- Only 3.5%* down payment on loans
- Higher debt-to-income ratios (on DU or LP approvals)
- Can finance home of 4 or fewer units
- HUD REOs
- Streamlined documentation on refinances
- Great track record – program in effect since 1934
- Bankruptcy: Two years Chapter 7 from the date of your bankruptcy discharge, borrowers can obtain an FHA loan, provided you have since maintained good credit.
- Foreclosure: Three years after the final date of foreclosure, borrowers can obtain an FHA loan, provided you have since maintained good credit.
Finding Out if You Prequalify is Easy
FHA Loans Might Be the Key to Your Dream Home
Want to know more? Fill out the form below or read more FHA Facts
Now Is a Good Time for FHA
Right now is a great time to apply for an FHA loan in the San Diego area. The Federal Housing Administration (FHA) has an extremely straightforward, affordable loan program that has been around for over 70 years. Since its inception in 1934, the FHA and US Department of Housing and Urban Development have helped millions of Americans obtain home ownership.
FHA Loans History
To help those struggling through the Great Depression in the 1930s, the FHA was implemented to make it possible for families to obtain/afford loans. With foreclosure rates at an all-time high, the FHA also served to prevent families from losing their existing homes.
FHA Loans Now
As we once again face tough economic times, FHA and HUD are helping people obtain and keep housing. By insuring private loans, the FHA helps to make you a much more secure borrower in the eyes of lenders. Secure borrowers are also privy to a number of other benefits including low down payment requirements. Instead of requiring the standard 20% down, FHA loans give you the ability to purchase a home with as little as 3.5% down.
Other FHA loan benefits include: refinancing options, low interest rates, foreclosure avoidance programs, a simple approval process and a variety of repayment options.